is an American (extreme?) right-wing "alternative" to Wikipedia. True propaganda of the worst kind - and the funniest. I found the following in the article on Feminism
- I'm still laughing so hard I'm crying. It beggars belief.... Feminism originally was an expression used by suffragettes - who were predominantly pro-life - to obtain the right for women to vote in the early 1900s in the United States and the United Kingdom. By the 1970s, however, liberals had changed the meaning to represent people who favored abortion and identical roles or quotas for women in the military and in society as a whole.
Specifically, a modern feminist tends to:
* believe that there are no meaningful differences between men and women (The most significant belief underlying contemporary feminism is that there are no sex differences; therefore advocacy for equal rights must be extended to advocacy for equal results or outcomes.)
* oppose chivalry and even feign insult at harmless displays of it (see battle between the sexes)
* view traditional marriage as unacceptably patriarchal
* detest women who are happy in traditional roles, such as housewives, and especially dislike those who defend such roles
* shirk traditional gender activities, like baking
* support affirmative action for women
* prefer that women wear pants rather than dresses, presumably because men do
* seek women in combat in the military just like men, and coed submarines
* refuse to take her husband's last name when marrying
* distort historical focus onto female figures, often overshadowing important events (Eg: Henry VIII's wives take precedence in common knowledge to his actual reign.)
* object to being addressed as "ma'am," or feminine nicknames such as "sweetheart" or "honey"; object to other female-only names, such as "temptress"
Other interesting articles: on Michelle Obama
(starts supposedly "neutral", but slides quickly into bitching - has to be read to be believed), on homosexuality
(if you weren't scared of it before, you will be
(one long defence of creationism), etc.
It's horrifying and deeply funny at the same time. This is not about some people having a different opinion and world view from me - it's plain fact distortion and old-fashioned propaganda.